Thursday, April 30, 2009

Duckies




Can you see the bread? Felicity didn't want to feed the ducks-every time we gave her a little piece of bread, she ate it. Predictable. Good thing I didn't bring moldy bread. Is it bad to feed moldy bread to ducks? I think I remember doing it as a kid. Sorry duckies.

These pictures are not too exciting-I tried to take a video and it didn't really turn out-but you have to know that Felicity was thrilled to see ducks in real life! I don't know if she has ever seen ducks before, but I know we haven't purposefully taken her to see them -so this was the big event. Kurt called and invited us to the duck pond for his lunch break. What a thoughtful dad. Felicity loved all of the ducks and ducklings (they were really darling) and I don't think she noticed them, but there were cool turtles there too. The ducks are really used to people (being located on a certain, not to be named, University campus) and they let you get pretty close. Felicity has been saying "Quack, Quack" for a while now so it was fun to see her chasing them around and calling to them in their own language.
She is getting so smart and understands so much of what we say to her. She can say quack quack, woof woof, mmm for a cow sound, a whiny noise for a cat, caw caw for any birds, and can growl for a lion or a pig. She is also a fan of saying uh-oh, pointing to everyone's pictures on the fridge and calling her dad Ma Ma. We keep trying to correct her, but to her, Kurt is Ma Ma and she loves him. I know she'll get it right someday.

5 comments:

Krista Hansen said...

Yeah, we did feed moldy bread to the ducks. Oops. Felicity is getting to be such a smarty pants. Love her!

Denae said...

Well really ducks shouldn't be picky, so moldy should be fine if they aren't too high maintenance.
I love the age Felicity is at. They are so sweet!

Laurel said...

Awww -- too cute! I remember when Isabel mixed up the "mom" and "dad" names. So yes, she will eventually get it right. :)

And I love the duckies! I haven't even taken Isabel to feed them, and I know she would just flip!

Matt and Melody Odell said...

Well hello Mrs. Radmall, I hope you don't mind that I added you to my blog roll your just such a cute little mom that I want to keep up with. I love the name Felicity, so cute. I can't wait until Corban starts talking.

Crockett Family said...

Felicity is at such a cute age. Thanks for your comment on my blog. We are doing really well. Really the worst and most painful part of my whole labor and delivery was the IV! I feel the same way about them as you. I had a great epidural, the best doc and nurse ever. I seriously couldn't believe I had just had a baby! My left leg didn't regain feeling for 7 hours, so I was stuck in the delivery room for a while since I couldn't walk.