Felicity has been with us for 10 weeks now! I would like to celebrate by having her sleep for 10 hours straight (not going to happen.) Instead I will try to think of 10 little known facts about her.
1. Felicity has long fingers and "tree frog" toes. Maybe she will be a better pianist than her mom who can barely reach an octave (especially with my "special" pinky.)
2. Felicity is very fair skinned and has blonde eyelashes and eyebrows. We're not so sure that dark hair is going to stay -she may be blonde like her dad was when he was little.
3. Felicity LOVES having her diaper changed! Most of the time-even if she's screaming-when I take her and lay her on her changing pad she gets a huge grin on her face and smiles through the whole process!
4. Felicity is getting a "bald stripe" on the back of her cute little head. Not a spot mind you, a huge stripe of white flesh. Sad! It must be from when she rubs her head back and forth like Stevie Wonder.
5. Felicty has "cradle cap" which has made her baby acne spread to her face, neck, shoulders, and chest. We are keeping it in check by using Neutrogena T-gel shampoo which is supposed to help. The sad thing is that now her hair smells like an old man instead of Johnson's and Johnson's goodness.
6. Felicity seems to like having the scriptures read to her. I have been trying to do better reading my scriptures and I read them aloud to her and she gets nice and calm. A good sign I think!
7. Poor Felicity has Acid Reflux which gets her pretty upset and sad ( I remember all of that pregnancy heartburn-I feel for ya babe!) She has to take some medicine which is a solu-tab. It's funny to watch her with something solid in her mouth. She gets little strawberry granules everywhere!
8. Felicity has a few very happy hours in the morning (at least one of us is a morning person). She is so darling-she wakes up smiling and makes lots of cute noises and likes to show off her new smiles to Momma (sorry to all of you who have only seen Felicity screaming in the evening.)
9. Felicity likes her cousins Sam and Addison. They are both practicing "being soft" to her. I love to see them reach out and touch her head or her ear or her hand (or try to steal her binky). Sam has even learned the sign language for baby. We are glad to have our cousins around!
10. Felicity loves her grandparents! We are so lucky to have both of our parents living 5 minutes away. Grandma and Grandpa Radmall are both wonderfully loving and can soothe Felicity with an added level of patience only grandparents have. Grandma Cheryl is the "baby whisperer" and sings to Felicity to get her calm. Grandma Julie knows lots of baby tips and tricks and is always a good source of info for me. She loves to see Felicity every few days and says that she misses her and would like to see her even if she is only going to be screaming. "Grumpa Woffinden" usually likes to hang out with babies that are a little older, but he has done a great job with newborn Felicity. The other night we dropped her off with him and when my mom got home he wouldn't give her up. When we came to pick her up he was holding her asleep and he said that if he were only lactating he would be the total package and the expert at taking care of her! Nice dad. I wish you were lactating too-then I really would leave her with you more often.
We love our darling,sometimes stinky, gassy, smiling, fussy baby Felicity!