Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Forsythia and Daffodils







Felicity and I went for a walk yesterday and I truly had that springtime moment. Spring is just the best. You can't describe exactly how it makes you feel so happy and hopeful and wonderful. To be able to go out in short sleeves and see flowers blooming makes me very happy. It makes me think of all the wonderful days of summer to come.

We saw two of my favorite blooms yesterday. I wanted both of them at my wedding, but alas, the timing was not right. They both have such a short blooming period and it is in March, not June. But I LOVE Forsythia and Daffodils. My wedding colors were Yellow, Brown and cream so they would have fit in perfectly (don't get me started on what Jana said about my wedding colors when I first mentioned them. Ha ha.) Have you read the story about the Daffodil field in California? I would love to go there someday.

Happy Spring everyone! I wish this warmth was here to stay (I know you too well, Utah). It makes my heart frolic and leap.

4 comments:

Krista Hansen said...

I love that yellow bush, and I love that you know the name of it. You're smart! Now I can tell Devin what I want to plant. Yesterday was a beautiful day!

Jessie Eyre said...

I agree, Spring -IS- the best!!!

Even the rain today makes me feel happy and hopeful...whereas the snow makes me feel all depressed and frustrated.

You gotta love Utah, eh?

Hope you and your TN stuff are doing well! Hugs

Denae said...

Happy Spring! Amen! Beautiful pictures. Good luck with no media. I'll support you in it.

Laurel said...

Hooray for spring! And for pretty yellow flowers. I agree -- they are totally the happiest promise of warm weather to come.