Saturday, April 5, 2008

Wild Turkeys

Apparently two of Kelli's very close friends went camping with their husbands this weekend (you know who you are), and I wasn't invited. I'm not one to be content within the city limits, especially when friends are off taking advantage of the beautiful outdoors. So, I invited myself along with my brother-in-law to scope out the wild turkey scene in Provo Canyon. He has a turkey tag, and the hunt starts next weekend. I'll let the pictures help me tell the story.

Brandon got some tips about where we should go, and here is some evidence that we were in the right place.

How about this? We must be in the right place.

It's official - right place. We heard a Tom calling, and Brandon got out his turkey call for a little chit chat. It was pretty entertaining.

Here's Brandon picking out his hiding spot for next Saturday.

We checked out another spot in the canyon that was also recommended. Do you see what I see? Look closely. Click on the picture to get a better look.

Hey there, Tom. Nice beard.

This guy was roosting up in this tree, and he wasn't about to leave on our account. The rest of these pictures are just scenic shots from the trip. Eat your hearts out!








4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had an awesome adventure! I really wish you guys could have gone camping with us (you were totally invited, except you live in a different state...), it would have made it that much more fun!

Susan, Susie, Suz said...

Excellent post, little Kurt.

Oh, and by the way, I find it very rude to tell people to, "Eat your hearts out" while they are indeed doing the very same thing.

Sheesh, I love that area you were traipsing around.

Kurt Radmall said...

Okay, so I have to come clean. Kelli's friends live in a different state. I was still jealous, though. Luckily, I found a pretty good alternative.

Kairle Oaks said...

Great pictures, Kurt! Isn't Utah beautiful?!