Saturday, March 21, 2009

Why?!


Question #1? -WHY?! do they even sell tuna packed in vegetable oil? Maybe I'm not a gourmet cook so I don't get it, but I don't know why anyone needs tuna in oil. If you know why, or for what recipe you would use it, please let me know.

Question #2?- WHY?! am I always the one who accidentally buys the tuna in oil, thinking it is tuna in water. That's right I used the word always because I know I have done this at least 3 or 4 times. "Oh-that's a good price on tuna!" Grab a couple, throw them in the cart. Open them sometimes later to see thick, yucky oil on my tuna fish.


Simple solution, right? Kelli-be more careful when you buy tuna. Check the can. Read it with the college education you have. But alas, I am always so spacey about checking! Maybe it's just my mushy brain or the fact that Felicity has one leg out of the cart and I am trying to bribe her with her favorite treat (yogos) to make it to the checkout. Anyway-I am making a goal to never make that mistake again. I still use the greasy tuna, but it's annoying!
Q#3-Why have I done two posts about tuna fish and therefore already have a relevant photo saved?

7 comments:

Elizabeth Moon said...

Haha! I, too have asked similar questions. And I have no answers.
:)

BTW--I'm going to be in Utah for a couple days --May 28-31--I hope we can do lunch!

Emily said...

Tuna in oil = gross! I hate when I buy the wrong things. It happens all too often...

Krista Hansen said...

Just don't eat tuna! My solution to this problem is so easy. Tuna is gross anyway. Remember when you swallowed a tuna bone? Enough said!

Marissa Joy said...

Oh kelli you have possess the ability to make me laugh all the time! P.S. I need one of those tuna drainers, genius!

Brandon, Christie, and Addie said...

I don't understand the tuna in oil either and I have made that mistake more than once. I guess some people out there like greasy tuna (YUCK). Also if I drove the entire drive home and could not open my DC I would lose it. On the bright side I am down to one can a day! Hope we see you soon!

Denae said...

Amen! Great post Kelly. Hillarious. Why??? So sad no one even has the answer! So just stop the oil madness!!!

Julia Davis said...

Oh my gosh, you are hilarious! I laughed so hard reading this!