Friday, November 7, 2008

Halloween


Ok-it's been long enough, I guess I can let you in on our Halloween costumes. Some of you might figure it out on your own, but most people needed a little prodding to identify the costumes. I guess not everyone is as familiar with Public Television as I am. In tribute to a very talented soft spoken man I present Kurt as Bob Ross and Felicity as his paint palette. I was a happy little tree but we don't have any pictures of me on our camera. I will get one because I know you will all be waiting in anticipation.


Halloween was super duper fun. I love Halloween. Kurt is getting on board. We actually met at a Halloween party where Kurt wasn't dressed up so I started talking to him and giving him a hard time and little did I know he was falling in love with me and my sexy sailor costume. So...Halloween is extra important around here. Originally I was going to be Bob Ross (I watched him a lot as a kid) and Felicity was going to be a happy little tree (what he always painted) but then I realized that Kurt already had a beard (I know what some of you are thinking, but my facial hair is limited to my upper lip) so I LET him be the main man. Plus I figured Felicity didn't want a cumbersome costume of branches and such so I gave her something a little softer and easier to crawl around in.


We had lots of fun and lots of opportunities to wear our costumes. We went to my parents Halloween party where they were dressed as Little Red Riding Hood and the big bad "Woff" (Woffinden. Get it?) They won third place in their costume contest when my dad graced everyone with a rendition of an old song about "Little red riding hood, you sure are looking good..." You old timers might know that one. We also went to our ward party where I won for scariest pumpkin! Yes! I am very competitive.


On the real Halloween day Felicity and I went to the famous Halloween gig at Omniture with Krista and Devin. VERY impressive. Then we were able to go to Kurt's work, see both families and trick or treat with Cheryl, TeriAnn, Tom and cousins to be Max and Luke. Max would get Felicity a piece of candy at each house and put it in her pumpkin for her. How cute.


I really didn't mean to write so much, just wanted to post the obligatory picture, but I can't help it I LOVE HALLOWEEN!

10 comments:

Crockett Family said...

Oh Kelli,

Vivid are the memories of Saturday mornings with Bob Ross. Seems only fitting for you to have your family be him on Halloween. I can remember watching that with you. Oh, the torture!! As I recall, Sara liked that show too and she made me watch it too. I myself couldn't understand why that was a favorite show of yours. I am anxiously anticipating your "Happy Tree" costume though. I can hear Bob Ross saying, "We will put a little happy tree over here. . ." Halloween is great! I have so many fun Halloween memories trick-or-treating with you. Remember the year Candice, Rachel and I were presents and you and Natasha were dice? Right? Anyway, yes I am expecting a baby in May. I posted it on my blog. Maybe you skipped over the "Interesting News Story" post. That is how we told our family and friends. So if you didn't click on it, then you probably didn't know. I am due the 2nd of May. I'm already in my second trimester and starting to get my energy back. We find out our next appointment what we are having. Can't wait!

Elizabeth Moon said...

That is such a cool idea! I love it. I think you've just inspired me to try to be more creative next year.

AJ said...

True story: My brother in-law asked for the Bob Ross videos for Christmas (this year!).

Unknown said...

I think this is the best costume I've ever seen! You are hilarious! I love and miss you guys :)

Poe said...

So funny! I love halloween so much too. I don't understand people that don't dress up.

Rischel said...

kell- you are so funny! love the costumes and i was not thinking of your upper lip when I read the words facial hair

Marissa Joy said...

I love it! You guys are so creative. I am calling you next year for help with our costumes. Mike dressed up as Dwight Schrute from the office and I just wore festive stuff and a Witch hat, boring, but we really didn't have anywhere to go. No adults dressed up here for any event. Anyway...I am glad that you had a great Halloween. Love you.

Brandon, Christie, and Addie said...

Very Cute! Sounds like you had a fun Halloween. We missed you guys. Love Ya!

Luana said...

Don't you just love Halloween? Kurt you are looking pretty legit as the painting guy. I have seen a few of his shows. I am excited to hear about Terrianne getting married. When is the big day?

Stephanie Ford said...

funniest costume ever!!!!!!!