Friday, November 21, 2008

Eleven Months

Playing with Grandpa... Mom's purse
Cute hat courtesy of Sam
Squirming


Felicity is only one month away from her 1st birthday! It's hard to believe she has grown up so fast! She is starting to understand when she is doing something naughty. It's pretty funny. If she gets into something that I have repeatedly told her "NO-NO" about (like the toilet) and I come around the corner and catch her, she freaks out and screams/laughs and her whole body spazzes out. She is also starting to be a real pill about somethings. It is really hard to get her diaper and clothes changed. She swings her arms when she wants to be done eating and knocks everything off of her tray-often spilling yucky stuff all over both of us. When she doesn't want to be picked up she puts her arms straight up in the air close to her head so I can't get her under the arms. She can now clap, wave bye-bye, give kisses (sometimes) and dance. She likes to walk while holding on to your finger. She LOVES to climb stairs and she laughs the whole way up if you chase her. Her favorite thing is to take things OUT. Anything and everything. Do kids ever go through a stage where they want to put everything back in? I think not.

Eleven things Felicity likes to empty:
1. The kitchen drawer full of towels and hot pads.
2. Any laundry basket whether folded or not. ARG!
3. My purse, if left on the floor (picture included)
4. The entertainment center cupboards full of DVD's and CD's
5. The granola bars at Grandma's (see picture)
6. A box of Kleenex
7. A box of wipes
8. Her dresser drawer
9. The shoes in my closet
10. A box of markers
11. Everything in my nightstand

You might be thinking that I don't watch her very well , but I promise I do. I just let her empty things most of the time because I like to see her enjoy herself and it makes me laugh. It doesn't make for a very clean house, but there are more important things, right? I hope so, or I'm in trouble. We love you Felicity. Happy 11 months!

5 comments:

Jill said...

I can't beleive that she is already 11 months!!! She is so stinking cute. Does she look more like kurk or you? I can't tell!

Marissa Joy said...

Happy eleven months big girl! She looks like she has a lot of personality just like her momma.

Brandon, Christie, and Addie said...

Cute girl! I think the only time they want to put things in instead of out is when they should not be in! I think a happy child is way more important than a clean house, and I think why should I put all of those toys back in their basket when Addison thinks the basket should be dumped out so she can see ALL of the toys! Good thing they are so stinking cute!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you watch her plenty! You just have a 1 year old!!! Really those are some good looking granola bars! The peanut butter ones are the best.

ashley said...

definitely more important things that a clean house!
she is go big, and quite cute!