Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What I'm reading

I really liked this one...

Ug! So much for my resolution for more frequent posting. But guess what? I don't really care. There is no Quota. This is for me. And if I have something to say-I will find time to say it. I don't know who I'm talking back to right now... Forgive my rebellious attitude about my self imposed goal.

Anyway-it's almost summer and we have been swimming a couple of times. Starting next Monday I will be teaching swimming lessons in the morning. I hope all goes well. I like doing it and I like being in the sun. I just hope Felicity fares well with all of the baby sitting and late naps. Nursery in a couple of weeks. So. Excited.

Anyway-I just thought I'd let you all know what I'm reading. Most of you know I love to read. I read mostly junior fiction (it's easy to get through-entertaining-sometimes meaningful and it's what made me fall in love with reading) and board books. Know those ones by heart. Felicity and I hit up the library almost every week and although she never sits on my lap during lap time, we get new books and have fun.

So I got curious the other day and looked up a list of the Newberry award winners to see how many of them I have read. Then I remembered that my good friend's mom offered her kids some large amount of money to read all of the Newberry award winners ($500?). I don't know if any of her kids did it, but I decided I would. And no, I am not going to ask her for the money.

So that's what I have been reading. Newberry Award winners from 1922 to the present. Some of the really old ones are hard to get through and about dolls and stuff. I have to say, I like the newer ones. I was going to post a list of the ones I have read, but that is on the other computer, so you will just have to wait. If you want to read some Junior Fiction now-go read something by Jerry Spinelli, Richard Peck, Lois Lowry, Gary Paulsen or Blue Balliet. Those are some of my favorites. Happy Reading!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Kelli, I love to read as well. I can't wait for the time when I can read for fun. I miss it... But I love your goal. You will have to keep us updated on your favorites and what you recommend.

Jill said...

I wish I loved to read. I do get intrested in an occational book but most of my reading is Real SImple Mag, gossip mags when I get my hair cut and scriptures and board books. I think I would like the books you read though. I might just have to try a couple.

Jana Neser said...

My Mom did offer up 500 bucks for all the Newberrys! I didn't do it--what an idiot. Brady was the only one who did it. I read a ton of them, but I couldn't get through a lot of the older ones, like you said. Good luck Belles! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!

Crockett Family said...

Hey Kell! That looks like a good book. I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday today! I hope you know what I great friend I think you are.

Denae said...

I love your posts Kelli... I always find myself nodding my head like we're having some great intellectual conversation I agree with. Anyway, thanks for the book recommendations & you keep posting only when you want to!

Marissa Joy said...

Why do we never talk books together? I have been a reading maniac since I could read for fun and not for school. I like the same kind of stuff you do. I read this book a year or two ago. Anyway We need to talk. Crying baby...gotta go.