Wednesday, May 13, 2009

To be a loser...


I don't have very much time and there are a million things I could post about, but I just have to make a quick comment.
Biggest Loser Finale. Seriously. Amazing.

Kurt and I have been watching on and off for the past little while and we were rooting for Mike the teenager. I can't believe the top three contestants were in such close competition. It was a difference of 5 pounds or something. And for prize money of 250 thou. I would have been p.o'd if I lost by so little.
I just can't believe how much weight those people lost. I can't believe it's even possible! I know they're working out 12 hours a day and it's not reality, but still-I seriously can't believe it. Where does all of the skin go?

I also think that the pound for pound challenge is a great idea-that for all of the weight viewers lose they donate the same poundage of food to the food banks. I thought it was touching. Like Jack Sprat or something.
I just think it's an amazing thing. It's not just about being skinny. These people can now do things they never could, stop taking multiple medications, play with their kids and feel good about themselves. Eyes watered at my house (ok just mine)
I loved seeing all of the past contestants in their fancy clothes. They looked so amazing. Could you believe Jerry? The old dude who won the at home challenge and won 100 thousand dollars? And Nicole, wearing a size 8 wedding gown? You go girl. Amazing.
p.s.-I know where some of the skin goes...There were more flabby arms than a R.S general broadcast.

p.p.s Anyone else sick of these "big" shows being so drawn out. I don't want to watch a tv show for 2 or 3 hours. I can't believe they are just sticking one show in their whole prime time slot. Guess it's working though. I am a sucker and I know I will get sucked into the long drawn out Bachelorette episodes.. Yeah!

6 comments:

Heather said...

We don't watch this show but I heard it was AMAZING last night! Haha, Kelli, you're writing makes me laugh! I can just hear your voice as I was reading this post! Love ya and miss ya!

Emily said...

John and I really like this show but we can only watch it recorded b/c 2-3 hours is just too long. We forward through most of it. But we were totally amazed by Jerry and of course the finalists. It's refreshing to see a reality tv show that is changing lives for the better.

Coco said...

hey cuz, i agree great show but way too long. i can't believe that these people lost an entire person and some of them more, that's crazy.

Torrie and Cassidy said...

We love the biggest loser! I was also cheering for Mike. I think that's the best part about the show...even if they don't win the big money, they have still won. Anyway, I totaly agree with you about the length. We recorded it and were able to watch it in about 45 min. That's how much extra fluff there was!

Jana Neser said...

I love you belles. I totally agree with everything you said, exp the flabby arm comment!! haha so funny! But I was rooting for Tara. Mike just bugged the crap out of me for some reason. And I'm sorry but I think Helen looked a little anorexic. I think she looked better when she had just left the ranch. Oh and I'm SO with you on the bachelorette!! Haha

Matt and Melody Odell said...

So who won? I need to watch it I have only watched the episode where they had to climb every step at the rose bowl but it got me hooked. And yes the part with the garbage truck in Marley and Me makes me mad too! I loved the movie though.