Saturday, December 20, 2008

I have friends.

Besides the groom, Kurt was the only husband there.
Thank you honey for being so incredibly helpful and letting me spend time with the girls! I promise he was a GREAT sport, even though he looks sad in this picture.
April and Nicole, Lincoln and Andee.
4 out of the 5 babies. Where are you Q.D?

Everyone but the bride. Lookin good, right? The weather was a far cry from our balmy island.

Hanging out at the Red Lion...
The bride in her BEAUTIFUL Tongan garb. The groom's aunt made it all by hand.

My Jana.

Before I post about Felicity's birthday, I have to tell you about last weekend. It would drive me crazy if this blog were completely out of chronological order. Plus, I wouldn't want anyone to think that I didn't have an AMAZING weekend. Because I did.
One of the thoughts that is making me swell with gratitude lately is this: I have friends that love me. Friends that I love. People that I can be completely myself around. Friends that I can't stop talking to and we stay up way to late. Most of you are probably thinking, "Yeah Kelli, we all have friends, we get it. She must be kind of a loner most of the time." Well, I guess you would be right, in a way. I am so lucky to live close to my family and Kurt's as well. We spend most of our time hanging with them when we are not being homebodies. We have friends, but most of them don't live near us.

This is getting drawn out but what I'm trying to say is that most of my best friends don't live by me and when I get to see them I am in heaven and I am reminded that there are people out there in the world that are my soulmates if you will. Please don't be offended by this post if you are my friend and you do live by me. I love you too, I promise!

Last weekend, one of my good friends and old housemates (in Hawaii you generally live in houses instead of apartments and so you get to have LOTS more roommates/housemates. It is generally an awesome thing.) Nicole got married in the SLC temple. So, including the bride there were 8 girls here (5 with their babies!) who have lived together in some combination under a roof that is blue. We loved living in the blue roof house together and we had some amazing times. When I moved in with these girls I was so impressed with their kindness, their character and their spirituality. They were such good people and such good friends to me. Our reunion was for an awesome purpose and it was honestly a testimony to me that Heavenly Father puts people in our lives that can influence us for good. It was so moving to sit with all of those girls in the temple together.

So,shout out to Nicole, Jill, Jacque, Whitney, April, Courtney, Jana. Thank you for flying in from Missouri, Oregon, Arizona, Washington and California. It was amazing to spend time with you all. Thank you for being strong, kind, funny, daring, devoted, loyal, empathetic, and patient souls. Thank you for changing my life for the better and for being such good examples to me. You are amazing women, incredible mothers and phenomenal friends.

3 comments:

Poe said...

holy crap!!! I totally meant to comment and now I'm ticked that I didn't. I love your pics. I stole some for myself. I really had a great time and wanted to say thank you for you and your hubby's help during the wedding and all. We couldn't have done it with out you guys. I'm going to make this extra long so that you feel like you got a quality comment if not quantity. It was great getting to know you better. You are a great person and I almost wish I would have waited to get married so that I could have lived with you. Felicity is such a stinking doll face. And your hubby is a keeper. SLC rules!

Rischel said...

kelli
i didn't leave a comment because i saw your post like 16 mins after you put it up and i felt stupid commenting that fast. i stalk you.
and also because the pictures made me sad and jealous that i wasn't there. even though i never lived in the blue roof house i did live in the compound and i slept at jeanie's mansion.
and nicole did give me a chinese scroll for my wedding.
and you all look so cute.
and you had so much fun.
and your babies are cute.
and i wasn't there.

The Neils! said...

A little late in looking at this, but Kel, thanks for a great post, but more than anything, being a great friend. It really was a magical weekend and I, too, was renewed with the understanding that you also had. We're such lucky gals. I will treasure that weekend forever. I love you and appreciate the strength you give me. Send my thanks to Kurt as well. I can't wait to get him and Doug together. =) That just means more you and me time, too!