Sunday, June 22, 2008

Half Way to a Big Party. . .










Felicity baby is six months old! She is at such a fun age. Newborns are great in their own way, but since Felicity has stopped waking up every two hours and crying all evening she is an even bigger joy!

I love that at this point she is easily entertained by everyday items. I try to keep all surfaces in my house covered in paperwork and clutter so that I can hand her many playthings no matter where we are. She especially loves the readers digest. It is the perfect size for her to hold, rip and chew. Apparently Kurt doesn't want to share so I have to give her the old issues.

So far she doesn't have any teeth (yeah!). She had her earrings changed to tiny hoops. She is eating oatmeal and other cereal like a champ. She now sleeps on her tummy. She can roll both ways. She still needs to work on sitting up by herself and hasn't shown any signs that she is interested in crawling. She has a very grunty laugh and likes to be tickled under her chin and on her legs. Pretty much anywhere she has fat rolls. Her bald spot it getting less noticable and her hair seems to be growing while mine is falling out. We are excited for a fun summer of swimming, being outdoors, wearing sunscreen (there are two whiteys in this family) and celebrating Felicity's blossoming personality! We love this girl.

7 comments:

Courtney said...

Ya, no one told me that all my hair would fall out after pregnancy. Thats the pits. Felicity is a cutie. I would have given her first prize in the baby contest:)

Julia Davis said...

She looks like quite the wiggler! I love her!! I want to come visit and come swimming with you! I miss our summer fun days.... Yesterday I was singing "One bottle of pop... fish and chips and vinegar!.... don't put your muck in my dustpan...." etc. thinking about us cleaning the stable bathrooms at the ranch! Funny!

betsy said...

This really is a fun age. And there's nothing wrong with keeping your house cluttered to cater to your baby's needs. :) Although, once she does start crawling - you're in trouble. Happy 6 months Felicity!

Susan, Susie, Suz said...

I'm happy you noticed how fun 6 months has become!

Take it from me...the 6-8 month stage is the best it ever gets. Once they get their legs under them it all goes downhill for the parents. It is at this time you crave another baby-baby.

Oh---maybe that was just me...hee hee.

Laurel said...

She's getting so big! I love how alert she is.

Also TOTALLY in love with your Elizabethan girl below. Congrats on her first pageant placement! :)

Anonymous said...

Sweet Kelli... HI! Of COURSE I remember you. We were Hale 2 girls together. And believe it or not I've been totally clued into your life for a while now since it seems all my friends are your friends too. I get updates. Your wedding sounded amazing, by the way, & Felicity is quite the doll. Congratulations! And I'm so jealous you live in Huntington Beach. Do you happen to know the Mackens by chance?
Thanks for your stories on my blog. I can't believe the one about your brother in the car sleeping!!! What the!? That's hilarious!

Ashley and Devan said...

Thanks for the comment Kelli. You are such a sweet person. Your little Felicity is so cute! Doesn't time just go by so fast. Before you know it she'll be turning 2 just like our little guy. We should get our husbands together sometime. I know Dev would love to see Kurt. Oh, and I am glad that you like the music on my blog. Devan hates country music, he says he hears it way too much! Ha Ha, that's all I listen too. Keep in touch : )