Sunday, March 2, 2008

Same Age Cousin



Is "same age cousin" a phrase to you? It is something I grew up saying because I am lucky enough to have an incredible friendship with my "same age cousin" Coco. In fact all 3 of my siblings have same age cousins from the wonderful Thornton family (Even though Blake and Michelle are different genders they are still close friends). Coco (Nichole) and I are 2 months, 2 weeks and 2 days apart and we have had so much fun together. We loved to see each other each year and we would sneak and hide in the other persons car as they prepared to drive home (between CA and UT). We were always found out within a few blocks but it was fun anyway. We loved to play together as kids, bug our older sisters, write letters and think of crazy things to do like putting food coloring in the hot tub. We went to EFY together for 3 years and we have kept in close contact since then. Once when I came home from BYUH Coco had blown up lots of pictures of us growing up together and decorated my room with memories. She came to my wedding and I was lucky enough to attend hers about a year ago. Time flies and we have grown up (sort of) but I am still so grateful for a cousin who I consider to be one of my best friends!


All of this musing is because Coco and her great husband Daniel were here this last weekend to visit and to meet Felicity! I was so glad that they could come up (and not just because Coco gave me a fun new haircut) and that we could visit and hang out. Love you crazy cousin.

5 comments:

Crockett Family said...

Coco did an awesome job. Your hair is so cute!

Krista Hansen said...

I love Coco too, so how come I missed out on a great haircut? Oh well, maybe next time. It was good to see Coco and Daniel.

Unknown said...

I love Coco! You guys are so cute! I want to hang out with you right now....

Marissa Joy said...

Your hair looks great it makes me want to cut my hair. How do you like it? wow, felicity is changing. love you and miss you kellikins

Laurel said...

I LOVE same-age cousins!!!! I feel bad that Isabel won't have a cousin until she's almost 2... Stupid aunts and uncles. :) That's what friends' kids are for, right? TOTALLY love your hair, btw.!