Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Life is sweet like pancake syrup




Life is sweet sometimes, isn't it?


Things have been going pretty well around here. The sun has been shining and the Lord has been looking out for our little family. We feel so blessed for all that we have. When I was pregnant I kept telling Kurt, "You know it's not going to be easy when this baby comes." He got really sick of me saying that. "I get it", he said. But I don't think either of us knew how taxing a newborn can be. No snooze button on that piercing noise that wakes you multiple times in the middle of the night. No instructions for when she wails and won't eat. No one else to stay up scrubbing yuckies out of miniature little clothes. It has been hard and I know it will continue to be. Bottom line...We love her. Even when she wears on your last nerve and spits up all over you as you are trying to get out the door.


Felicity seems to be growing up and being a little more predictable. She doesn't like to be awake for more than an hour and half. I know which little whine means, "Wrap me up tight and get me to sleep!" She is still gaining weight although she is kind of a finicky eater. She is sleeping in her crib more than all other vibrating, swinging devices combined. She has even made it to a destination without screaming the whole way in the car. And for the big news (knock on wood)-she slept through the night for the last two nights! Nine hours of uninterrupted bliss! Good job little lady.


So-with Felicity's new maturity I have been going out more. She enjoys walks in her stroller and she even went to the mall yesterday! A couple of days ago while we were running a couple errands I got really hungry for some pancakes and since Kurt wasn't home to make them for me (I CAN make them, but he makes them better) I decided to go to Denny's for some pancakes and meat products. I love breakfast food. So Felicity and I went to Denny's. They forgot to tell our waitress about us so no one took our order for a long time, but when the food came it was delicious! I was holding Felicity and eating because she was a little fussy (I don't even think I spilled on her) and a nice older gentleman sitting across from us commented on my multi-tasking talents. He seemed sweet and said good-bye when he left. Then the waiter came and told me that our ticket was taken care of. That kind old man paid for our mid-day breakfast run. I admit I got a little teary eyed at Denny's. People can be so sweet. Life can be so sweet. Pancakes can be so sweet.


I am feeling so grateful today for all of our blessings. Kurt and I have jobs (I work at Target a couple of nights a week), a warm place to live, food on the table, families close by that love us, a washer and dryer, a delightfully comfy bed (9 hours!) and a beautiful daughter! Wow. We are so lucky. Especially to have pancakes. They are yummy.

8 comments:

Frampton Family said...

You are officially the cutest mom!!! I get sick of people telling me how much they hate life with kids. But through all the craziness in yours, you are so positive. You tuly realize what a blessing children are. Felicity is lucky to have you as a mother Kelly. I just found your number today, and am planning on calling you within a few days. I'll probably call you in the morning sometime. Miss you!
www.framptonfam.blogspot.com

Janelle

Kim said...

What a nice thing for that man to do for you. It even made me a little teary. Glad you are getting a little sleep. It really can make a big difference in how you look at the world. Don't you think. Felicity looks adorable. They grow so quickly.

Kurt Radmall said...

I love my wife! She's a keeper.

Unknown said...

I loved this post! Is it bad that I just kept picturing you as a little kid with half a pancake flopping out of your mouth and your siblings chanting "10, 10, 10!!!!!" ? Oh how I love that story :) I am glad you are having a grateful attitude. I am so proud of you mama Kelli!

Krista Hansen said...

Lets just say I was crying after reading this post. "Sleeping like a baby" is false advertising but I was "Crying like a baby". You are a good Mama! Jana's comment really took me back and then I couldn't stop laughing. What a great post...congrats, you made me laugh and cry!

Marissa Joy said...

What a cute post. I really enjoyed reading. You are right life can be good and the Lord is looking out for us. I love you and miss you. I can't help but think that I am supposed to live in Utah too so that I can go on random trips to Denny's with my BFF.

Elizabeth Moon said...

Awww...what a sweet story. So good to hear that Felicity is sleeping. Atticus didn't sleep through the night until about 9 months...before that he woke up at least 3 times a night...fun fun fun...

Also, thank you so much for commenting on Style Picnic...for whatever reason, commenting just hasn't caught on the way I thought it would...any suggestions?

betsy said...

Kelli, I love this post. It really is the weirdest that you can have unconditional love for this little creature of (sometimes) horror. Little girls are the best though, that is my biased opinion. I love the Denny's run and the generous gesture of the old man. What a great story, sounds like you had a great day.