Thursday, July 9, 2009

Venting/Ranting

Today my child is driving me crazy. It's just one of those days. I have cried twice.These are some of the things that have led to my lunacy:

*Felicity woke up at 6:30 instead of 8:00
*She grabbed my spoon and tried to feed my cereal to her baby doll (it was kind of cute actually)-then she proceeded to put her babies blanket in my bowl-sloshing milk on my lap.
*Even though I put on Beauty and the Beast, she quickly found me trying to take a shower and insisted on getting in. Then of course she wanted to get out. Then she peed on the floor.
*She wanted to brush her teeth-instead of letting me help her she grabbed the toothbrush end and got her berry blue toothpaste all over her hand
*She unrolled half of a roll of toilet paper. Now I have to put it in a bag by the side of the sink and use it like that. Frugality and all.
*I was trying to take some Tylenol and the lid wasn't on tight-so the bottle dropped, spilling the glass of water and the Tylenol into a medicinal mess-wasting about 30 caplets. No-I did not try to dry them out and save them.
*I needed Tylenol because I had minor "surgery" on my toe yesterday-ingrown toenail stuff. Gross I know. At least Felicity hasn't stepped on it as many times as she did yesterday.
*I don't know what else-but it just seems like there were a million things that went wrong this morning. Of course there were the usual battles of diaper changes, getting dressed, combing her hair. ANYTHING that I want her to do is just so so tragic to her.
*And to top it all off, we are out of otter pops.

Now, I know that she is just a baby and almost anything naughty that she does is because I have enabled her to do so, by eating breakfast on the couch and such. But it's still frustrating-it's not like I'm leaving her on her own so I can eat bon bon's, I'm just trying to shower and get ready. I swear, there is nothing in this house that will hold her attention for more than two minutes. I think It's time for a toy swap or something. Just needed to vent.

7 comments:

Ashley and Devan said...

I can relate to exactly how you are feeling. Days like that can be rough, especially when you have to get up earlier than normal.
I can't believe I'm even sharing this story becuase it's pretty gross, but what the heck. Last week Hunter (our 3 year old who is totally potty trained) was in the bathroom doing his business. He had been in there for a little longer than normal so I went in to check on him. He had decided to finger paint the walls, but not with paint.. with poop! I about died.. it was sooooo gross!!
Oh the joys of motherhood. Good things little kids are so dang cute and sweet most days : )

Emily said...

Kell, I hope your day gets better! The childless person that I am can't offer any advice, but I do love you@

Laurel said...

Not to minimize your frustrations -- I'm just glad I'M not crazy! I keep having days like this where one of those details might be manageable... but all in one morning quite literally drive me to a complete state of lunacy. (Yes, I cried more than once today, too.) Jason tries to remind me that she's just a toddler and we'll have days like this for a while -- but that doesn't really help me when I feel like that. So LAUREL says:

You go ahead and feel bad, tired, stressed, and let it all out. It's okay to say "a day" is just too much sometimes. And for the record, any mother out there will know you're not crazy.

Love you, Kell, and hope tomorrow is fantastic!

Jill said...

Oh the stinking joys of motherhood. ;) Don't fret my pet ... it gets better.

Our EyreLife said...

Every baby does these things and every mother feels the same way. And every baby still loves her mother and every mother still loves her baby. Its normal...

Tomorrow will be better. I can promise. :)

Hugs

AJ said...

Oh Kelly, I am babysitting a 1 yr old all day today and tonight and i was so annoyed. i work with specail needs 3-5 yrs and love it but i am so done today. so annoyed and it is not even my child and i am not even with them. you deserve a bon bon break. it sounds like visiting teachers should pay you a visit. good luck sunshins. i can not even begin to feel you joy/pain.

Courtney said...

I realized the other day when I was embroiled in a battle of wills with Hank over naptime, that the traits that I find so difficult about him now, as a toddler, are actually some of his best assets and, I think, will probably make him really successful some day. I bet thats true for felicity, too. Its hard to appreciate stubbornness, creativity, and independence in a toddler, but those are fantastic traits that, if she is able to fully develop, will make her such a great adult down the road. So...you doing a great job and little Felicity is probably just a budding genius, so its a good thing, right?