Thursday, June 4, 2009

What's the Happs?

Well-I have been too pooped to blog-so I will mush everything together.

I am pooped because I am teaching swimming lessons in the morning at my parents. It is a good way to earn some extra money-but it wears me out. The last time I did it was when i was pregnant and I would take a 3 or 4 hour nap afterward. I don't exactly have that luxury now-but I do nap while Felicity does-it is usually an hour and half but it's better than nothing. Some friends in the ward are watching Felicity in the mornings. It's hard to drop her off-I am feeling some sympathy for all you working moms out there.

We celebrated my birthday, my mom's birthday and our anniversary. I was super duper lucky this year. I spent my birthday in Las Vegas with college bffs Jana and Rischel. They planned the whole thing, treated me to hotels and flew in to meet me there for 3 days of relaxation. It was a.maze.ing. We slept in, stayed up late, read magazines by the pool and ate and ate and ate. It was so relaxing and such a good little trip. It's too bad that on the last night there someone broke my driver's window and stole our GPS. But that's just part of life. Someone else's agency affecting my life in a negative way. Oh well.

We went to dinner and bowling for my mom's birthday. It was fun and I didn't even come in last. Second to last. But-I'm cool with that. Some people are bowlers, some people are mini golfers.

The terrible twos have come to our house early. Felicity has her sweet moments and it's fun listening to her learn to talk, but she sure throws a lot of tantrums. She's a pretty aggressive little thing.

Life is good-and it's nice to finally see the sun and use one of my few talents-getting tan. Even with spf 50 these swimming lessons are doing their usual damage. Happy Summer to you all!

I wrote this post a week ago-but didn't post it because I was too lazy to post pictures. Still too lazy. Soon.

4 comments:

Emily said...

You get tan so easily, I was always so jealous. I have given up and now realize I am doomed to be pale white (and red in the sun).

Crockett Family said...

I do that too where I write posts, save them and never get around to publish them because I wanted to post pictures. I still think I have one of those "tagged" post that to this day never got posted! Glad to know I am not alone! Sounds like you had a fun birthday!

Laurel said...

So do you teach 27-year-olds to swim, too? j/k (I promise, I can "not drown" -- just nothing beyond that...) That's very cool, though. Not QUITE as cool as your friends treating you to a Vegas birthday, however! What a lucky girl! And all I can say is "good luck" with those terrible twos. I've decided them call them that because they actually LAST for two years. (Yikes!)

Tammi said...

Hey Kell! Your blog is so fun to read! I loved your funny notes on motherhood. Well, here in CA, I either get people who mistakenly think I'm some AMAZING super-mom, having my 4TH baby. OR...some actually ask me if I am, in fact, INSANE! Sometimes you feel special, sometimes you doubt yourself. But I know what's best for me and my family. Yes, I will be talking under my breath to myself for a few more years and spending all my energy just trying to keep everyone ALIVE, but we're excited to have one more little one to complete our family! By the way, watch out...just when your little one starts talking and becoming more independent, that's when you forget all about any struggles you had with your newborn, and actually want ANOTHER!