Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Crawling for Carbs...

Felicity with Aunt Cindy
Uncle Seth, Addison and Grandma Radmall (feeding the little birdie)
Hanging with the family at Ryan and Kendra's beautiful reception.
Crazy people
Our little shiny faced family.

A quick update about things. . .
-Felicity got her first tooth a few weeks ago and I think she is in the process of cutting the next door neighbor tooth (or toofie as I call it.) I am excited for her since she seems to be a born eater, chewing will be a big step. Unfortunately with her new triangular dragon tooth she bit my finger so hard that I cried. Yes-it really hurt that badly.
-Felicity is crawling! She has been scooting backwards for a while but now she is in forward motion. We'll have to post a video soon. Her best crawling has been towards her daddy and towards a roll. She goes crazy for bread-so we thought a soft dinner roll would be great motivation. She is trying to figure out how to feed herself those small pieces of bread, but for now she is my little birdie and I feed her, but I seriously have to watch my fingers. It really reminds me of feeding an animal...
-Felicity now has a bedtime routine and goes to bed at 8! It is nice to have some consistency and time alone with the hubby. Which reminds me...
-I no longer work in the evening at Target! Yeah! I still love target but I am actually VERY glad to be able to stay home in the evenings now. Thanks to Kurt for working so hard for our family to make this possible.
-We are enjoying the end of the summer and had barbecues with some friends from our ward and one with Kurt's friend from work. It's nice to have time to socialize! Kurt's cousin Ryan got married a couple weeks ago to the beautiful Kendra and we had a nice weekend at the dinner, wedding and reception. They are the new owners of our coffee table-which I think was originally Kurt's grandmas. We got rid of it so that Felicity could have more room to play (and so that we would stop eating in front of the TV and piling the table with heaps of crap)
-Kurt is going to hike Timp this Saturday with friends, so if any of you are crazy and like pain, feel free to join the group. I will not be there although I have hiked it once before. It really is a beautiful/difficult hike.
-I have been dealing with some weird health issues and my least favorite at the moment is hives! I have been having hives for the past couple of weeks almost every day. We think they could be a reaction to an antibiotic I was taking which means that they should be over in a week or so. I have been having to take benadryl which wipes me out and makes me a drugged out zombie. Poor baby, she has been doing a lot of hanging around the house and entertaining herself (which is easier now that she can sit up and crawl.) If you have any secret home remedies for hives, let me know! I am the itchiest girl around.

4 comments:

Susan, Susie, Suz said...

Two things...

first..your blog background is way cute...where do you find it?

Second...if no one has mentioned it before, I've known a few people (myself included) that had 'the itchies', and it was just a reaction to laundry detergent. Now I use dye-free, perfume-free and I'm a happy camper!

Rischel said...

have you been hanging out w/jana w/o telling me? i think she gave you the hives. i thinks its a virus. a bff virus. i want them too.

Krista Hansen said...

Feeding Felicity is kinda like feeding an animal. That girl loves to eat. At least she is the cutest animal in town! It's a good thing she is getting toofies so she can eat more food! We love that hungry girl!

BrittWilk said...

fun, fun updates! and felicity doesn't choke on little pieces of stuff? that's good news. i'll have to try some with emery... i'm glad there are other moms out there or i'd be totally lost on this mom thing...